A New Banking Fraud taking place:
- Fraudsters luring the customers to download an app called ‘AnyDesk‘ from Play Store or App Store. There are more apps similar to ‘AnyDesk’ that help in providing remote access of device to other users.
- Once the app is downloaded, a 9-digit number (app code) gets generated on customer’s mobile/device which the fraudster would ask the customer to share.
- Once the fraudster inserts the 9- digit app code on his/her device then s/he would ask the customer to grant certain permission which are similar to what are required while using other apps.
- Post this, the fraudster will gain access to the customer’s device.
- Then, the mobile app credentials are vished from the customer and the fraudster can do the transaction through the mobile app which is already installed on the customer’s device.
Safety tips to prevent Fraud:
- Do not allow anyone to access your mobile remotely.
- Do not share OTP’s Credit/Debit card numbers, CVV, Grid values, PIN numbers, User Id, password, with anyone claiming to be from the bank. The bank never asks such information from its customers.
- Check the permission required by the app during installation.
- Do not click on unknown links.
- Change your password regularly.
- Always download the app from legitimate source – Play Store or App Store and be aware of its usage.
So, Stay safe and follow these steps to safeguard your hard-earned money.